spacer_gif
nav1_home_offdividerlinenav1_wine_ondividerlinenav1_vineyards_offdividerlinenav1_getwines_offdividerlinenav1_about_offdividerlinenav1_blog_offdividerlinenav1_trade_offdividerlinenav1_ordering_off
spacer_gif
nav2_wines_2nav2_spacernav2_wines_1_onnav2_spacernav2_wines_1nav2_spacernav2_wines_3
spacer_gif
spacer_gif

spacer_gif

hdr_Wines
spacer_gif
nav3_wines7_on
spacer_gif
nav3_wines7_on
spacer_gif
nav3_wines2_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines6_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines10_of
spacer_gif
nav3_wines6_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines6_off
spacer_gif
nav3_Fenaughty_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines1_off
spacer_gif
nav3_mendocino_off
spacer_gif
nav3_mendocino_off
spacer_gif
nav3_Perli_off
spacer_gif
nav3_Reserve_off
spacer_gif
nav3_Reserve_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines4_off
spacer_gif
nav_TheProspector_off
spacer_gif
nav2_wines5_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines3_off
spacer_gif
nav_Roussanne_off
spacer_gif
nav_Roussanne_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines8_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines9_off
spacer_gif
 


spacer_gif spacer_gifhero_winebottle spacer_gif spacer_gif
IsabelCuvee_2006_header
single_white_pixeldividerline_fade

spacer_gif
Vintage: 2009 | 2010
spacer_gif

Appellation: Anderson Valley
Vineyard: Broken Leg
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Clone: 115, 667 & Rochioli
Age: 2 yr old graft
Elevation: 650 feet
Soil: Decomposed sandstone
& loamy clay
Yield: .75 tons/acre

single_pixel Harvested: Oct 1, 2009
Pressed:
Oct 18, 2009
Blend:
100% Pinot Noir
Maceration:
17 days
Barrel aging:
9 months in 50/50 1 yr
& neutral FO barrels
Bottled:
Unfiltered on July 30, 2010
Production:
51 cases
Release date:
Fall 2010


 
spacer_gif
hdr2_WinemakingNotes
single_white_pixeldividerline_fade
spacer_gif
We have long been teased our Syrah more closely resemble Pinot than many Pinot’s these days.
So, when Steve Williams at Broken Leg offered to graft his Viognier block to Pinot for us we could not resist the temptation to try our hand. We sorted and de-stemmed 70%, leaving 30% whole cluster.
All into our open top wood vats. From there we added nothing, allowing the wild yeast to start fermentation naturally, in this case, 4 days later. We punched down by hand 2-3x/day and pressed after a 17 day maceration or once the wine was dry and cap was ready. 50/50 1yr and neutral FO barrels for aging. The wine stayed sur lie until we racked to tank for bottling in mid July. The wine was bottled with fining or filtration on July 30, 2010.

spacer_gif
 
hdr2_WinemakingNotes
single_white_pixeldividerline_fade
spacer_gif
On the nose cherry, spice and forest floor dance out of the glass and tickle the olfactory. The mouth is equally nimble as darker fruit flavors laced with more (asian?) spice skip across the palate until the silky and lingering finish which promises great things for those who wait. This is a light bodied, feminine wine that illustrates the beauty of Anderson Valley Pinot Noir.