spacer_gif
nav1_home_offdividerlinenav1_wine_ondividerlinenav1_vineyards_offdividerlinenav1_getwines_offdividerlinenav1_about_offdividerlinenav1_blog_offdividerlinenav1_trade_offdividerlinenav1_ordering_off
spacer_gif
nav2_wines_2nav2_spacernav2_wines_1_onnav2_spacernav2_wines_1nav2_spacernav2_wines_3
spacer_gif
spacer_gif

spacer_gif

hdr_Wines
spacer_gif
nav3_wines7_on
spacer_gif
nav3_wines7_on
spacer_gif
nav3_wines2_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines6_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines10_of
spacer_gif
nav3_wines6_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines6_off
spacer_gif
nav3_Fenaughty_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines1_off
spacer_gif
nav3_mendocino_off
spacer_gif
nav3_mendocino_off
spacer_gif
nav3_Perli_off
spacer_gif
nav3_Reserve_off
spacer_gif
nav3_Reserve_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines4_off
spacer_gif
nav_TheProspector_off
spacer_gif
nav2_wines5_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines3_off
spacer_gif
nav_Roussanne_off
spacer_gif
nav_Roussanne_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines8_off
spacer_gif
nav3_wines9_off
spacer_gif
 


spacer_gif spacer_gifhero_winebottle spacer_gif spacer_gif
IsabelCuvee_2007_header
single_white_pixeldividerline_fade

spacer_gif

Appellation: El Dorado
Vineyard: Carson Ridge
Varietal: Syrah
Clone: Davis 1
Age: 5 years
Elevation: 2450 feet
Soil: Decomposed granite
Yield: 1.5 tons/acre
single_pixel Harvested: Sept 5, 2004
Pressed: Sept 25- Oct 2
Blend: 96% Syrah, 4% Viognier
Maceration: Missing Info
Barrel aging: 12 mos.
Bottled: Sept 2, 2005
Production: 113 cases
Release date: Winter 2005
 
spacer_gif
hdr2_WinemakingNotes
single_white_pixeldividerline_fade
spacer_gif
Our Syrah is picked into 35lb lug bins, transported to the winery in refrigerated trucks and moved along the sorting table and into the crusher/de-stemmer only after passing muster with at least 4 sorters. We
de-stemmed 90% and of that left 70% whole berry with the other 30% being lightly crushed. From the crusher we went into our unique 225L barrel fermenters (we pop the tops off older French oak barrels and use them as open top wood fermenters) and on to the “cold room” where the ambient temperature is set to 45° F. The juice stayed in the cold room for 48 to 72 hours before being brought out and left to warm up to the natural ambient temperature which was about 68° F. At this point we added 4% of Viognier juice. As the juice slowly warmed up to room temperature fermentation began naturally at about day 6 and continued for 14 days until we pressed (dry) using our gentle hydraulic basket press. From press we went directly to older oak barrels where the wine aged sur-lie for 7 months until it was racked and returned to barrel for another 5 months. Malolactic fermentation began naturally not long after racking and was 100% complete by the end of June. When making our final blend there were 4 (of 7) barrels that clearly stood out as superior so our limited 168 case production is now a super limited 113 cases. Our accountant will not understand but we think you will. Our wine is unfiltered and unfined and will drop sediment so we recommend either pouring from a horizontal (bottle) position or allowing the wine to stand upright for 24 hours prior to serving.

spacer_gif
 
hdr2_WinemakingNotes
single_white_pixeldividerline_fade
spacer_gif
This inky, ruby-purple Syrah is by far our boldest effort and exudes spicy aromas intertwined with meaty components and ripe dark fruit laced with a hint of caramel. A full bodied wine with sweet, round tannins; this is a Syrah to cuddle up with on a cold winter’s night.